- At Cernak Fuel, we recognize the importance of stretching each dollar. While doing so, we are also taking steps to a "greener world". See the following tips to conserve:
- Have your boiler or furnace cleaned every year.
- If you have circulating hot water heat with baseboard convectors, vacuum the lint and dust from the fins.
- If you have a warm air furnace, change the air filter regularly.
- Update old heating equipment.
- Ask the service technician whether an energy savings control would be a benefit to you.
- Set back your thermostat about 5*-6* at night. (We do not recommend more than 6*.)
- Insulate walls, the attic, and between any space which is heated and any space which is not heated.
- Replace un-insulated doors and old windows.
- Place weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Hang insulated curtains.
For more detailed conservation tips, visit these websites:
www.oilheatamerica.com, go to “Energy Conservation”
www.energy.gov, go to "I am a Consumer"
For additional information about energy rebates, loans, etc., visit: